Readings due before class on Thursday, December 6, 2018
Required (regression and inference)
- 11.1–11.3 in ModernDiveChester Ismay and Albert Y. Kim, ModernDive: An Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences via R, 2018, https://moderndive.com/.
- 7.4 in OpenIntro StatisticsDavid M. Diez, Christopher D. Barr, and Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel, OpenIntro Statistics, 3rd ed., 2017, https://www.openintro.org/stat/textbook.php?stat_book=os.
- Take advantage of the accompanying video!
Required (science communication)
- Ben Wellington, “Making data mean more through storytelling”
- Jonathan Schwabish, “Better Data Communication,” National Bureau of Economic Research
- Adam Kanouse, “The Story in Data Storytelling”
- Brent Dykes, Data Storytelling: The Essential Data Science Skill Everyone NeedsMake sure you read both pages.
- Joseph Barber, Do You Have Mysterious Dragons in Your Research?